In 1933, Mr. Frank Callaghan joined forces with Campbell Graham and established Graham and Callaghan Motors, with a starting capital of 75 pounds. Unfortunately, Mr. Graham was killed in a car accident about twelve months later, leaving Mr. Frank Callaghan to run the business on his own from 1934.
During World War II, Callaghan Motors were commissioned by the Federal Government to produce munitions. This was a major achievement and Callaghans were proud to be part of the Australian war effort.
Callaghan Motors association with Holden began in 1958. The son of Frank Callaghan, Mr. Brian Callaghan, joined Callaghan Motors in 1964 at the age of 22, after completing a degree at Melbourne University. Brian went on to become Dealer Principal and has since been succeeded by his son Stephen.
Callaghan Motors are Warrnambool’s longest established Motor Vehicle Dealership.
Callaghans have become an integral part of the local history with 80 years of continual service to the people of Western Victoria.
Why Deal with Callaghan Motors
- Holden Grand Masters Status - 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2004
- We have been established in Warrnambool for over 80 years and will continue to commit to your community
- We are a three generation family business
- We are long term employers with a stable workforce
- We do it right
- We do our best to fix all problems
- We are a local dealer supporting your local community
- We believe our customers are our No. 1 priority
- We have up to 4 generations of repeat customers
- We employ 50 local people
- We support 60 local and community organisations
- We are centrally located in Warrnambool CBD
- We are the only luxury car dealer in town
- We have Mercedes-Benz, Holden, Mitsubishi and Suzuki and our franchises give you a wider range of choice
- We have an enormous range of new and pre-owned cars
- We are here to stay – we’ll be here if something goes wrong
- We have factory trained technicians
Callaghan Motors have always been and will continue to be great supporters of all things community based and as recognition of the fact that they derive a great percentage of their business from the local community, it is their expectation that they should continue to give back to the community where appropriate. You will note from the extensive list below that we support many and varied organisations during the course of every year. If you are part of a club or organisation and believe a sponsorship or support package from Callaghan Motors will be mutually beneficial, please download the linked file from below, fill it in and send it to us and we’ll consider your application as soon as possible.
||PORT FAIRY / KOROIT
PORTLAND / HEYWOOD
HAMILTON / PENSHURST
CAMPERDOWN / TERANG / MORTLAKE
2014 TAFE Apprentice awards recognise apprentice excellence - Callaghan Motors have 3 place getters
Callaghan Motors are proud to announce three of their outstanding young apprentices have been recognised at this year’s TAFE apprenticeship awards.